Below are resources I have mentioned on my site and used as an affiliate marketer. I created this page to help keep them all in one spot so they’re easier for you to reference and access. I’ll continue to add as I test and use different strategies to promote and grow my own affiliate businesses.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, may pay me a commission if you choose to make a purchase. Don’t purchase anything unless you feel they will help you achieve your business goals. Contact me if you have any questions regarding any of these resources, and I’ll be happy to share my experiences with them.
Niche & Keyword Research
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner: The Google Keyword Tool can help you find traffic and competition data on keywords or keyword phrases. Quickly see if a niche or keyword is worth pursuing. This is a Free tool.
- Google Trends: Google Trends will help you identify search trends and geographic data associated with your keywords. This is a Free tool.
- Market Samurai: Market Samurai can help you find niche keyword and keyword phrases, including competition and monetization strategies. You receive a Free 7-day Trial, then must pay a one time fee to keep using the program.
- Domize: Domize lets you quickly find a domain name without having to go to a specific domain registrar. You can check all variations of domain names instantly by simply typing the domain name you want in the search bar.
- Namecheap: My favorite domain registrar! Namecheap offers .com domains for around $10 with free WhoIsGuard privacy protection.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is the probably the most popular domain registrar out there. GoDaddy does run great specials from time to time on all domain extensions and that is really the only time I use them for domains.
- Bluehost: Host unlimited domains and seamlessly integrate your domains with WordPress and Weebly for quickly getting your website up and running. I use Bluehost for all domains I build into a WordPress affiliate marketing website.
- HostGator: Works exactly like Bluehost. Unlimited domain hosting. You can easily get away with just getting the Baby Plan to start off with.
- WordPress: WordPress has become the premier website platform for thousands of websites and blogs.
- StudioPress: Clean designs and phenomenal functionality. I converted this website to the Genesis framework and love it.
- Socrates: I love Socrates. It was designed for affiliate marketers and lets you easily integrate banners, links, widgets, and headers to make your website look clean and fresh. SEO optimization and promotable affiliate products are already integrated into the theme.
- Acme Theme: From the creators of Socrates, this is a super clean, fast, user friendly theme. Even better it is less than $20.
Affiliate Products To Promote
- Google AdSense: Google will pay you every time someone clicks on an AdSense link you place on your website. Customize ad size and type (text/image), generate the code, place on your website, and that’s it. Free to sign up.
- Amazon Affiliate Program: Amazon offers affiliates the ability to promote pretty much any product in their marketplace. Promote affiliate links for category searches, pages, and individual products. It is Free to promote as an affiliate. Review the advertising fee schedule to see current commission rates.
- Clickbank: Hundreds of Affiliate programs and products that pay in over 100 categories. Free to promote as an affiliate with the ability to earn commissions up to 75%.
- Commission Junction: Similar to Clickbank, but with more brands you know. You will find thousands of affiliate programs and products that pay you a commission to promote. Besides normal commissions from someone purchasing a product, some companies pay you just for clicks or if someone signs up for a trial. Free to sign up.
Articles & Website Content
- Fiverr: Fiverr is a fantastic way to get pretty much anything you need done for the low cost of $5. Whether you need articles for your affiliate website, or want a new header for your website, there is someone waiting to do it for you for 5 bucks.
- iWriter: iWriter allows you to get quality articles at a very reasonable price. It actually runs very similar to Elance in that you can list your project requirements, and then various article writers will bid on your project. Various skill levels available based on your budget.
- Spin Rewriter: Spin Rewriter allows you to create unique versions of any article you write with a few button clicks. I like it because you can rewrite at the sentence and paragraph level, plus Spin Rewriter is ‘smart’ enough it can create brand new sentences for you if you want and have it still sound like you wrote each one by hand. Saves hours of time.
- The Best Spinner: Some people swear by The Best Spinner. I used it for all of my spinning until I got tired of switching between my Mac and my PC. The Best Spinner is a fantastic program, but it is only available on Windows.
- Magic Submitter: Magic Submitter is like the Swiss Army Knife of backlinking tools. You can custom set up your own backlink tier architecture with Web 2.0 properties, press releases, videos, articles, and various other sources to create diversified backlinks to your money site and Tier sites. This is the only automated tool you need for complete backlink supremacy.
- SocialAdr: This is my favorite tool to create high PR social bookmarks to my affiliate sites and videos. I use the Lazy plan to have my bookmarks automatically created and shared by simply entering in my URLs and keywords.
- Aweber: Aweber provides tools to help you build an email list and keep them engaged. You can set email autoresponder intervals, time of day, and can even choose from several premade email templates. Aweber walks you through building your Welcome email to creating the code for your own opt-in form to place on your website, and provides all the tracking you need. The first month only costs $1 so you can see if it meets your needs.
- Leadpages: Oh where have you been all my life Leadpages?! Leadpages makes it super simple to create optins, squeeze pages, thank you pages, and even sales pages. Be setup and running in 5 minutes, and you don’t need a website so you can basically starting to build a list and create a successful affiliate marketing business today. Here is a video I created to show you how.
- Google Analytics: Simply place the html code on your website and Analytics will track how many visitors come to your website, how they got there, and where they’re from. Lots of detailed reporting. Free to sign up and easy to use.
- Google Webmaster Tools: Webmaster Tools provides great insight to the health of your website by verifying your sitemap and letting your know what position your website ranks for various keywords. Also shows you what URLs backlink to your website. Another Free tool Google provides.